Half of us suffer from chronic joint pain, and it’s the number one driver of employer medical costs. Both drugs and surgery often do more harm than good.
Hinge Health is pioneering a more effective, more cost-effective modern treatment for chronic joint pain: Better-than-best practice care, delivered digitally, on your schedule. We've helped over 20,000 working Americans in dozens of industries get their lives back. Our users report 4x the pain reduction as opioids, and avoid 2 out of 3 surgeries.
We're growing fast and looking for experienced, mission-driven developers to help us accelerate!
As a Sr. Software Engineer focused on Applications, you will join a nimble interdisciplinary team working on the end-user product. Every two weeks you'll ship new features, improvements, fixes, experiments, design polish, and underlying refactors and renovations to the code.
You'll transform Bluetooth sensor data into onscreen animations and interactions, and help innovate novel user experiences that engage users' healing and encourage the behavior changes that reduce pain.
You'll marshal (and deepen!) your expertise in React and Typescript, event-driven architecture, iterative development, and highly-testable code--as well as your curiosity, compassion, and resourcefulness--to build a sophisticated mobile application with rich functionality and huge impact.
Your daily tech stack will be ReactNative, Typescript, Redux, GraphQL, and you'll have occasion to dabble in Rails, Python, Android, AWS, Aptible, Postgres, Redis.
Hinge Health is based in San Francisco with offices in Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, and the UK.
- By your first day, you will have submitted your first pull request.
- By your first week, you'll be writing React components that align with our current conventions.
- By your first month, you'll be actively shaping and influencing these conventions.
- By your sixth month, you'll be leading projects that alter lives--no joke--and getting direct customer feedback that makes you cry.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.