Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Platform engineers at Grand Rounds build the foundational components and services that enable engineering to deliver business applications faster and safer. We run on AWS, and own CI/CD, core services, the developer platform and more. We collaborate closely with product, data engineering and data science to deliver a platform that suits their needs.
Recent projects include:
* Using Envoy proxy to build a DevOn experience where a single service under development locally, can be backed by a sandbox version of our platform on Docker
* Automated infrastructure using Packer to build machine images as part of our CI/CD pipeline.
* Created a Dockerized deployment infrastructure backed by Amazon ECS
We are looking for strong software engineers with a passion towards building platforms to enable fellow engineers. You will learn docker, Kubernetes, AWS in the service of disrupting the healthcare industry. If this excites you, lets talk!
Your Role at Grand Rounds:
- Build a platform that will make developing software a dream for your fellow engineers.
- Build solutions on modern DevSecOps principles and infrastructure-as-code
- Collaborate on defining new platform capabilities that will move the needle in productivity
- Ensure privacy and security is one and the same with our platform while not being a big burden on development
- Currently working on your BS in Computer Science or related field graduating Fall 2019 or in 2020
- Strong understanding of programming fundamentals
- Platform minded - love abstractions and helping enable engineers
- Analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter, motivated learner and strong desire for professional growth
- Experience in our current technologies a bonus: Ruby, Bash, Java, Scala, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Envoy, Terraform, Packer, Vault
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.