Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value-conscious consumers all over the world!
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving interesting and challenging problems. The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing and improving payments services and enabling a great payments experience for Wish customers all over the world. Our team is small and nimble which allows us to release new code daily, iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to work at all levels of the stack. They work on entire features from the database level to the client. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
What you'll do:
- Maintain and take ownership over a payments platform processing billions of dollars per year
- Integrate new payment methods into our mobile app and desktop site
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure payments system uptime
Alongside your engineering requirements, you will be expected to contribute ideas to design and product decisions. You should have a passion for building products that are fun and easy to use and be able to analyze existing products to provide feedback on how they can be improved.
Who you are:
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or C++
- Full stack or backend engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
- Rigor in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.