Who We Are
rideOS is a globally-distributed technology company that is building a software platform to accelerate the safe, global roll-out of next-gen transport. Our team consists of highly accomplished and experienced folks whose achievements include co-inventing the iPhone, powering Tesla's Autopilot maps, and helping to start Uber’s mapping and self driving vehicle divisions. We are Series-B funded, backed by Sequoia Capital and Next47.
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about developing mobile applications and SDKs for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with backend engineers to design and build advanced mapping and transportation-related applications using rideOS services, as well as creating mobile SDKs that enable the rest of the world’s developers to do the same.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proficient with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience building full-featured apps using iOS Frameworks such as: Foundation, UIKit, CoreLocation, CoreMotion, UserNotifications
- Familiarity using Instruments and other tools to debug issues and benchmark performance
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or willing to commute to San Francisco
- Familiarity with Apple Human Interface guidelines, the App Store release process, and using App Store Connect
- Experience using gRPC
- Experience building mapping / transportation-related applications or developer SDKs
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.