Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Care Platform engineering team builds and operates the apps and tools which power Care Delivery to our members. Our audience is in-house staff including clinicians, care coordinators, and other health care specialists, and our external network of expert providers, and we provide them with tools like workflow, case management, and member insights, and help facilitate expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans.
You’ll be challenged and tasked with end to end responsibility of significant projects. Your technical skills will result in better healthcare outcomes for our members, improving their lives -- while contributing to a thriving and growing business!
Your Role at Grand Rounds:
- High throughput big data delivery pipelines
- Data interoperability platform
- High performance, low latency patient/healthcare-provider search tool
- Privacy protection in cloud-based data stores
- Warehousing and reports platform
- Currently working on your BS in Computer Science or related field graduating Fall 2020 or later
- Passion towards utilizing technology to disrupt the healthcare industry
- Strong fundamental software engineering skills and best practices
- Self-starter and motivated learner
- Strong desire for professional growth
- Knowledge and understanding of datastores, networking, distributed systems, and architectural patterns
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in our current technologies a bonus: Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, AWS, Kinesis/Kafka, MySQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift, Spark
- Experience in data modeling a plus
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.