Who We Are
rideOS is a globally-distributed technology company that is building a software platform to accelerate the safe, global roll-out of next-gen transport. Our team consists of highly accomplished and experienced folks whose achievements include co-inventing the iPhone, powering Tesla's Autopilot maps, and helping to start Uber’s mapping and self driving vehicle divisions. We are Series-B funded, backed by Sequoia Capital and Next47.
As a data engineer, you will be collaborating with other backend engineers to build scalable services, high performance data processing pipelines, distributed systems, and overall infrastructure to support the next generation of transport. Examples of the projects you will work on include scaling our infrastructure to support millions of queries per second, scaling our spatial databases and storage systems, and building data pipelines that process datasets such as HD maps, autonomous vehicles sensor data, transportation marketplace supply and demand, and more.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture.
What We Are Looking For:
- Interest in high-performance algorithms, scalable architectures, and space & time optimization techniques
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or willing to commute to San Francisco
- Experience building high performance batch and real-time data processing pipelines (MapReduce, Hadoop, Beam, Spark, Samza, etc)
- Experience building scalable and large-scale architectures and services
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS, etc)
- Experience using gRPC and protocol buffers
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.