Wish is looking for smart, curious and analytical Software Engineers to join the Ads Engineering team. The Ads Engineering team is data-driven and moves extremely fast to solve interesting and unusually challenging problems across the stack. The ideal candidate has experience shipping high quality code and designing systems that work with large amounts of data to make huge impact. You will have opportunities to implement your own ideas and ship code on a daily basis to maximize the efficiency of Wish's billion dollar ads marketing budgets through rigorous design and analysis. Join our team and learn more about why Wish is one of the world's top 10 largest advertiser on Facebook and Google.
For Internal Use Only:
What you will do:
- Write code that impacts how Wish spends millions of dollars everyday
- Build, architect, design and implement systems to handle and process over 500k QPS while still making intelligent bidding, buying and recommendation decisions.
- Be involved in Java and Python development across the stack, whether its improving our real-time bidding algorithms, ad recommendations, deployment and monitoring systems or data pipelines
- Leverage and manage Jetty, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Prometheus, Sentry, Mesos, AWS, Hadoop as well as many other various data stores, technologies, frameworks, services and systems.
- Explore huge data sets, write SQL and MapReduce jobs to perform data analysis in order to validate and implement your own ideas
- Tightly integrate with APIs and build tools to bulk update, create, delete and pull data for hundreds of thousands of ads and trillions of ad auctions, impressions and clicks
- Perform attribution, design A/B tests and measure the effectiveness of every line of code you write
- Have the opportunity to work full stack with an emphasis on the projects that are interesting to you while still producing meaningful impact for the business and our KPIs
Who you are:
- Excited to learn and grow despite your many years of experience
- Smart, curious, rigorous and diligent
- BS in computer science or equivalent degrees with industry experience.
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Python, Go, and/or Java.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation system, search ranking, or data mining.
- Passionate about working with large amount of data and ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Experience with different big data framework, includes Hadoop, Presto, MapReduce, and/or distributed systems.
- Ad tech experience is a plus
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.