U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 60 world-class engineers that moves fast. We raised our Series A from Andreessen Horowitz in 2017, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2020.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
The Role (one or more of)
- Implement spacecraft avionics software
- Implement ground control and telemetry software
- Implement software for automated testing at component, functional and system levels, including HITL (Hardware in the Loop) testing
- Implement low level software to interface with various spacecraft components
- Implement/troubleshoot/improve real time operating system components
- Bachelor of Science degree in CS, EE (or equivalent background knowledge)
- A passion for building things, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience with C and/or C++
- Experience with Python (or other high-level OO scripting language(s))
- Experience with Linux and shell command line tools
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Experience with designing real time systems
- Experience with building bare-metal embedded system software
- Experience with reading schematics and datasheets, debugging circuits that interface with embedded software, from debugger to logic analyzer to oscilloscope
- Experience with web development frameworks and databases
- Experience with test framework development, especially with HITL (Hardware in the Loop) systems
Our software work spans many areas, from embedded work on small microcontrollers, to numerical algorithms running on flight computers, to telemetry processing, querying and display on ground systems.
We are looking for talented software generalists - people who are excited and able to contribute to more than one area.