Software Engineer (Remote)
At AllStripes, we are dedicated to unlocking new treatments for people affected by rare disease. There are 7,000 rare diseases affecting 1 in 10 people globally, yet less than 5% of conditions have an FDA-approved therapy. The rare disease drug R&D market is growing at an unprecedented rate, making up over 50% of all novel drugs approved by the FDA in the last year. AllStripes’ two-sided consumer-facing and enterprise software platform serves 1) rare disease patients by showing them their own impact on drug development and 2) life sciences customers by sharing critical disease insights not available anywhere else.
Everyone at AllStripes is driven by a deep commitment to our mission, a passion for problem solving, and an openness to vulnerability. We regard our culture as one of the products we offer. As a team, we practice conscious leadership, where we are committed to supporting each other to be curious, open, and playful in order to build a connected, creative, and energetic work culture (for more information, visit conscious.is).
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help develop and own new features across our external patient-facing product and internal clinical operations platform. Our stack includes React, Typescript, GraphQL, and NodeJS, though you don’t have to be an expert with these specific technologies to apply. We are creating a positive, inclusive, and collaborative engineering culture of technical excellence. We pride ourselves on being resourceful, and rolling up our sleeves to pitch in when needed. What's on the horizon? Building out a clinical data pipeline, using natural language processing, and generating research insights from the data we collect.
What You'll Do
- Design, plan, and develop large product features and system components.
- Develop tools and utilities to support and optimize work across the engineering team.
- Promote coding standards and development process across the team.
- Execute on key success metrics in engineering and product roadmap.
- Collaborate with other teams to create new features and products.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Expertise in web, cloud, or data engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and development of a product, large feature, or system.
- You should have strong experience working at the intersection of product development and engineering, with a demonstrated ability to turn vision into engineering priorities and successful product launches.
- You are well-versed in a range of technologies and development philosophies, are deliberate about choosing the right tool for the job, and excited to continually learn and self-improve, both as an engineer and as a person.
- You have the ability to be resourceful and contribute across the stack (web, backend, and infrastructure). You are comfortable beginning with a rough feature concept and defining requirements collaboratively with non-engineering colleagues.
- You are excited to get in on the ground-floor of a growing startup, to help us define and grow our culture and team.
- A background in healthcare is not required (though definitely a plus!).
- A sincere desire to share our mission of empowering patients is a must.
What We Offer
- 90% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for you + 75% coverage for dependents
- Flexible PTO + 14 paid holidays per year
- $1,250 workstation set-up budget (in addition to your laptop, monitor, and peripherals) + monthly cell & internet reimbursement ($75 and $50, respectively)
- 12-week parental leave policy for all new parents
- HSA contribution + FSA
- Team lunches & activities (free Thursday lunch)
We’re dedicated to jumpstarting new research to accelerate treatments for rare disease patients. Everyone at AllStripes is driven by a deep commitment to our mission, a passion for problem solving, and an interest in constantly improving how things can be done.
If our mission resonates with you, and you only match some of these attributes, we hope you apply regardless. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and enthusiastically encourage people from historically underrepresented groups in tech to apply to AllStripes.
We can’t wait to learn more about you!