Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to join our software engineering team. Based in the San Francisco, you'll join our engineering team in building out an extraordinary web-based platform that has helped thousands of people save money, and aims to help millions more. If you've been seeking a product that's worthy of your skills, then read on! This role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to build on the skills they’ve gained at school and/or internships.
As a member of the team you will:
- Write back-end code in Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js
- Work on challenging problems, including exploratory projects we're building with other areas of the company
- See your code deployed in the cloud and used by real customers
Personality and Values:
- Passionate about coding; you love to code and you're not shy about showing it.
- You thrive on collaboration; Credible's Software team works closely with Product Management, Design and Operations for everything from bug reporting to user testing.
- Inventive and mindful; you move fast but don't break things.
- You take pride in maintaining clean, modular code.
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills.
- Computer Science degree holders or 2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Object-Oriented software development
- Familiar with SQL databases and Cloud Computing technologies a plus
Why you want to work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.