About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
A dynamic, high-performing, growing team responsible for front-end customer experience and product & tools management for Old Navy's e-commerce channel. We pride ourselves on blending art & science, and flawless execution in an environment of omnichannel, growth-oriented change. We collaborate with the Digital Merchandising, Marketing, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Sample and Photo Studio teams to produce a best-in-class online shopping experience visited by a million people each day.
In this role, you'll be a key member of the Site Merchandising team, supporting your Director, Site Merchandising, and will partner with the Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Photography and Sample needs of the website. You'll become an expert in utilizing and navigating our product-to-site pipeline, building a strategic viewpoint of on site execution. This role operates within a high-visibility space, with flawless execution always top of mind.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join us as an Site Merchandising Manager, Kids & Baby, focusing on site execution, within alignment of product and marketing initiatives. We are the visual merchandisers of the online store, ensuring that we align our category navigation experience to the design intent, as well as act as storytellers, partnering with Digital Merchandising on key product initiatives. We utilize 3rd party vendor relationships & tools to manage personalized product recommendations, outfitting templates, internal search and support all SEO initiatives.
What you'll do
- Act as the strategic lead across the Kids & Baby team- liaison between digital merchandising, website production, marketing, and act as a single point of contact for site execution.
- Own the Strategic Seasonal Site Merchandising calendar for your division, building the vision of product to site navigation and special category storytelling. Create seasonal left navigation documents and plans, utilizing web analytics for recommendations and competitive benchmarking. Provide direction to team to execute the site vision.
- Present and manage process of Weekly Site Tacticals and Creative reviews, building documents to review with senior leaders for recommended site & email linking paths.
- Create web divisional reporting, using Adobe Analytics, to make weekly business decisions and recommendations for on site experience, as well as linking recommendations. Develop on site KPI plan for evaluating performance.
- Strategize, navigate and execute complexities of third party vendor technologies, including related product recommendations, personalized merchandising, on site and third party search results, and outfitting templates and galleries. Assist in building out processes for optimization and reporting of these tools.
- Manage team of three direct reports, who execute web hierarchy through product management system. Create culture of development and accountability.
- Provide key direction on implementation of new system rollouts, including new PIM system in late FY20.
- Support Digital Merchant team's in-season business reaction with changes to categories, styles or style/color display, and new product category sorts.
- Articulate areas of opportunity across tools and processes, identify creative solutions to solve challenges and determine how to work cross functionality to execute.
- Escalating issues and recommendations with an appropriate level of urgency.
- Opening daily tickets to inform Technology teams of emerging business needs.
- Communicating best practices, following up on status-updates and bugs and giving tool design feedback.
Who you are
- Strong leadership skills.
- 10+ years' experience in fashion retail and/or merchandising, ideally in a technical, e-commerce, site merchandising role, with direct reports.
- Proactive, strong communication to detail and accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer's site experience.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and quickly find resolution
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly. Previous experience with back-end website systems a plus.
- Analytical skills, organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fact paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock“ hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.