Senior User Researcher
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Product Team is small but mighty and responsible for our three product areas: Transaction Management Platform, Internal Business Systems, and Growth Marketing. Being a young team, you will have the opportunity for immediate, meaningful impact and help shape the way we build products together. We are in a unique position of having easy access to our customers for regular input and feedback loops, which is key to us building great products. We believe that collaboration, teamwork, and communication are critical to the product development process.
We are a distributed team, however the majority of the Product Team is located out of our San Francisco office, once we return to the physical office. Remote roles will be considered within the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, the Senior User Researcher will be a member of the Product Design & User Research team and will work closely with our Product Managers, Product Designers, Data Analysts, and Customer Support teams. You will play an integral part in gathering insights about the needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of agents who use our products to inspire and inform design solutions!
Being a young company, there’s an opportunity for immediate, meaningful impact and to help craft the way we build products together. We’re at a formative stage in the team’s next-level growth, and we’re looking for a team member to help contribute to the foundational materials and lead research efforts on our product teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Meet with partners to understand the product, business, and user goals, and create a realistic research schedule to address those questions and educate the teams
- Reference the broad range of research methods in your toolbox; be able to quickly assess which method, mix of methods, or new approach is required to answer the team’s critical questions, based on timeline, priorities, and resourcing
- Explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis
- Develop well-crafted research plans with clear research objectives, recruit, schedule, and process findings to extract valuable insights
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Own and maintain the documentation of research key findings, information repository, analytics tools, and insights reports
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of key design deliverables to communicate systems activity, journey maps, user flows, or personas
- Translate user insights into impactful recommendations, present to key partners in a clear and compelling way
- Identify and proactively build new systems and processes as needed
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- 5+ years proven experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research studies on products
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Solid understanding of standard methodologies for conducting research (qualitative and quantitative) in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
- Able to take abstract goals, refine into a clear framework, and work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Highly proficient with research tools (User Testing, Data Analytics, Information Repositories)
- Experience embedded on scrum teams, shipping products in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- A strong track record of building respect for User Research and impacting product decisions with high quality data and insights
WHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVES?
- Masters Degree in User Experience Design, Human Factors or related field, or equivalent field
- Experience in Enterprise/B2B
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Experience in the Real Estate industry
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development credit
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.