Senior UX Front-End Developer
About the Role
For this role we are looking for someone with Front-End Web Engineering expertise who can clearly communicate and work collaboratively with designers, product managers, writers, and stakeholders. If you have one foot in user interface design and the other in web development best practices, you may be the unicorn we are looking for.
A good understanding of design thinking, lean methodology and/or test and learn strategies are important to this role. The Gap Inc. User Experience team is a diverse group of open-minded people willing to try new things, fail forward, and try again. We are curious and inventive, opinionated, and open to criticism. A great Creative Technologist should embrace the culture of curiosity and learning that drives the User Experience team at Gap Inc.
Remote Work Available.
What You'll Do
- Primarily, you will be working on the Gap Inc. eCommerce Design System: building out or updating components, documenting best practices, and working across teams to make the best and most accessible library possible
- Work on both a small team of developers and designers collaborating on expanding the system, and a larger team of developers working on tending to the library of components
- Youll also work across teams to help evangelize UX best practices, weigh in on important technical conversations across the platform, and help guide technical and non-technical teams
- Expand your knowledge base to include common patterns across platforms, connect dots, and make educated arguments
Who You Are
- You have a solid understanding of ES6+, HTML5, SCSS (or LESS), Typescript a plus!
- Interested in-and up to date with the latest and greatest in web technologies
- Experienced with SPA frameworks especially ReactJS
- Experienced with unit and/or integration testing
- Bonus if youre an A11Y/WCAG expert
- Someone attracted to good design, creativity, and collaboration
- Open to critical feedback