There’s a gap between when systems go sideways and when the consequences take hold. In that gap, there’s a narrow opportunity to stave off catastrophe. That is what Moogsoft is for. As the leader in AIOps, we provide a platform with purpose-built algorithms and automation to solve the systems failures of the world's largest banking, finance, energy, insurance, transportation, and entertainment companies.
Moogsoft is seeking a senior technical writer to join our team. We develop quality content for Moogsoft's products to help customers solve real-world problems with critical software applications. In this role, you'll collaborate with a range of subject matter experts to develop highly technical content for IT operations professionals. We're looking for someone who can write product guides and tutorials while thinking of innovative ways to solve content delivery problems for a CI/CD cloud platform.
- Author clear, concise technical documentation for Moogsoft cloud products using a single-sourcing content management system. We'll ask for samples of your best work
- Use developer tools and the Linux command line to test and document installation procedures, APIs, and data processing
- Proactively identify and address documentation needs as they relate to Moogsoft customers and the field
- Track authoring and development activities in JIRA
- Follow an established writing style guide as well as the guidance of the documentation manager to produce content that adheres to the Moogsoft standard
- 3+ years experience writing technical documentation or other relevant experience: senior technical support, software development, or field engineering
- A hunger for learning and the ability to juggle competing priorities
- Passion for technical challenges - You like to tinker with new products to see how they work
- Experience with developer workflow tools such as issue trackers (JIRA), IDE tools (Eclipse, Visual Studio), source control (Git), etc.
- Some experience with containers or virtual environments, such as Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, Amazon EC2, or Azure
Moogsoft Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan and equity to all employees
- Attractive benefits package, including health and dental coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered meals
- Opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, progressive company
- Team volunteering events and off-site outings
- Corporate sports teams – bring your A game, we like to win!
- Game room equipped with ping pong, foosball, and darts