Technical writers on our team play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that they are able to scale and standardize their use of SignalFx across a broad set of technical users. Our customers include software developers, site reliability engineers, and technical operations teams.
The ideal candidate enjoys mastering new technologies and has both a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications, and a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software engineers, product managers, and technical pre- and post-sales teams. You must be collaborative, creative, empathetic, and curious, with a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
You will be working with teams in Raleigh, NC and Krakow, Poland, and must be able to align working hours to coordinate closely these locations.
- Create, produce and revise high-quality UI, integration, and API documentation associated with SignalFx installation, configuration, and usage.
- Install and test software integrations to ensure that documentation is accurate and complete.
- Participate in the planning of documentation projects with engineering teams and product management.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Help develop designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for SignalFx products.
- A minimum of 7 years in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Experience using and documenting SaaS products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats, and use cases.
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate documentation targeted at developers or infrastructure and operations engineering teams.
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably with both onsite and remote team members working in multiple time zones
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including working with branches, creating pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts.
- Experience building good working relationships with development teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with monitoring or management software
- Experience with installation and configuration of cloud infrastructure and services
- Experience building documentation using Sphinx and ReadTheDocs