Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression. Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our client's needs.
Our San Francisco office is seeking a Senior Structural Buildings Engineer to support our buildings projects. You will work as an integrated member of multi-disciplinary teams on a wide variety of project types. Our projects cover a wide range of project types, scales, from mixed-use developments, high rise towers, sculpture and health care.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership of structural engineering teams involved with the engineering design and optimization of complex building structures
- Prepare and review drawings and detailing of the building systems designed
- Supervise the preparation of submittals
- Report writing
- Coordination of work with engineers of other disciplines
- Project and team administration duties
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
- Business development through the development of trusted relationships with clients on your projects.
- Commercial Financial Awareness
- Client communication and participation in work to win new clients and projects
- Master's degree in civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of structural engineering fundamentals for the design of building systems.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- PE and SE licensed
- Design and analysis skills in seismic engineering of buildings including seismic detailing.
- Good communication & people skills, team player
- Ability to be lead teams of structural engineers
- Have project and staff management experience
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Benefits - Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.