Sr. Specialist, AWS Graviton
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS elastic compute (EC2) platform is at the core of what most AWS customers are using today to change their business models and solve complex business challenges.
AWS is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive the AWS Graviton business and Go-To- Market (GTM) strategy. Graviton is a highly strategic initiative for AWS, as developing our own silicon in-house provides AWS with additional flexibility to deliver new instances at a faster cadence, providing customers with more choice, targeted performance, and cost optimizations as their workloads continue to evolve. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building, and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for Graviton instances. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of AWS compute resources, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS Core EC2 offerings;
· Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the EC2 value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
· Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS EC2 value proposition;
· Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
· Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
· Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the AWS EC2 platform can help address and resolve these issues;
· Serves as an evangelist for the AWS EC2 platform within AWS, and externally;
· Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
· Brings the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the service;
· Establishes ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS EC2 instances and services, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements
· Prepares and gives business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The right person will possess:
· 5+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies at scale and engaging with customers from start-ups to large fortune 100 enterprises
· Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc.) - Experience with CPUs and Enterprise servers
· Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
· Good understanding of ARM CPU Architecture & software ecosystem
· Experience with data center implementations