The goal of the Payments Team is to provide buyers and sellers everywhere with a friction-less payments experience on our platform. In just over five years, we have built a business with a truly global reach and operations in over 70 countries. This is a great opportunity for an engineer to own high impact initiatives on a high-volume, mission critical system.
We are in charge of building and maintaining our own global payments infrastructure, at all levels of the stack. We are responsible for the payments experience end to end; from the seamless checkout flow that allows customers around the world to purchase goods in their preferred methods, to the backend APIs and payment processor integrations.
We are looking for strong full-stack and back-end software engineers to join a small and nimble team, and help define and execute Wish's strategy for global payments. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering and product skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. You will tackle exciting technical challenges that come with scale (huge volumes of transactions, currencies, and methods to support) and have responsibility measured in billions.
What you'll do:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining our payments platform processing billions of dollars per year
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with payment providers and integrate new payment methods into our payment platform
- Implement and deliver new payment features leading to higher checkout conversion
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the payments system
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of industry experience building data driven systems, but we do realize quality of experience is more important than actual years.
- Bonus: Experience integrating with payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, Adyen)
- Bonus: familiarity with our tech stack (Python, MongoDB, AWS, React.js)
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing and ETL process
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and stock
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch and dinner, and unlimited snacks and beverages
- Company sponsored tech talks, team outings, and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.