Everlane is looking for an experienced software engineer to join its quickly-growing technology team in the sunny Mission neighborhood of San Francisco. Engineers at Everlane work in a highly collaborative environment to develop software solutions for an increasingly diverse set of challenges across logistics, retail, and e-commerce as we seek to reimagine and set ever-higher standards for transparency and sustainability within the apparel industry.
At Everlane we believe firmly in the capacity for technology and thoughtfully-designed product to differentiate and strengthen our position within the industry.
- Develop features and experiments for our built-in-house e-commerce platform
- Build tools that drive our expanding retail presence, including point-of-sale and back-of-house applications
- Manage the flow of physical product, from ideation and production to arrival at the customer’s doorstep
- Bridge our online and physical retail presences
- Use technology to enable our customer experience, data, and other teams within the company to deliver best-in-class results
A great fit on the team is:
- Passionate about leading by example, fostering ambition and shared values in new hires, and growing those values by mentoring more junior engineers.
- A technical leader, providing insight into design, strategy, and technical feasibility during the project planning and development phases.
- Keen on collaboration and is a reliable and trustworthy team member to not only Engineers but Product Managers, Designers, and the team as a whole.
- A professional who is not afraid of making mistakes but is eager to learn from them.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have been on the edge of the front-end stack, with experience in frameworks such as React, Redux and build systems.
- You are experienced building web applications from the data model to the API layer, within a modern back-end framework such as Ruby on Rails.
- You enjoy and excel at working on a product from conception to deployment, lending a helping hand and technical guidance whenever and wherever it is needed.
- You are comfortable validating the efficacy of the features you build, by way of testing, querying, and analysis.
- You excel in a continuous deployment environment, where automated tests are always running and where each engineer is responsible for their code reaching our customer base.
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.