Vevo is the world's largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
Take a look inside Vevo
Vevo's mission is to grow the commercial and promotional value of music videos. Vevo Engineering designs software systems, apps, analytics tools, and reporting tools that support this vision.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Platform team, you will be responsible for helping to architect and design highly scalable platforms that will deliver music video data to apps, partners, and devices around the world. Check out our app on AppleTV to get a feel for the services and data we provide!Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork, so that together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
Are you up to the challenge? If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people“, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in San Francisco. We are in a convenient location right next to a Muni & Bart station entrance on Market Street.
This describes you
- You like to solve hard, interesting problems
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in the language of your choice, but are open to becoming an expert in Java and/or another JVM based language
- Strong experience developing and debugging in static and strongly typed languages
- Strong engineering background, ideally experienced with large-scale dataSolid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed services (preferably REST-based)
- Solid experience in modern persistence, including key-value stores and RDBMSes
- You embrace best practices via pair programming, constructive code reviews, and thorough testing
- You work best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can rapidly iterate on product/platform features
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Solid experience with Amazon AWS is a strong nice to have
- Proven real-world experience creating models that can translate into scalable, production-grade code and designs
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We are a fun energetic tight knit team with a passion for music and technology
- In office/external happy hours
- Remain up to date with new technology including hosting/attending meetups
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- 401k Match
- Fully stocked kitchen and bar with catered lunches everyday
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.