Leanplum, the leading multichannel engagement platform helps forward-looking brands like Tinder and Tesco meet the real-time needs of their customers. By transforming data into an understanding of users' needs and wants, our platform delivers unified experiences that are timely, tested, and relevant — building customer loyalty that fuels business growth.
Founded in San Francisco, Leanplum has offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, and has received more than $98 million in funding from leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Leanplum has also been recognized as Fortune's Best Companies to Work For and Entrepreneur's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America. Download the media kit and learn more at www.leanplum.com.
At Leanplum you’ll meet employees from 22 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and several loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma
About The Role
Leanplum is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join the Data Platform team in San Francisco. You will be joining a small team responsible for the front door into our product, our API services. You will develop and scale our data ingestion infrastructure, which is currently serving over 25k requests per second, processing over 20B events a day, for billions of users, and growing fast. At this scale, there’s no shortage of interesting and challenging projects to work on.
You are also expected to be collaborative and have good communication skills. You work well with members in the pod and outside, are able to have productive discussions with a wide audience, and are a trusted voice of the pod.
You improve the team and the company. You improve the quality of the code in your pod, contribute to finding and solving problems in your team and supporting broader initiatives.
You are a good mentor and can mentor other junior team members to be successful team mates, both technically and culturally.
- A problem solver: You are scrappy, ingenious, and relentless in solving extremely complex problems.
- Customer focused: You are passionate about creating web apps used by demanding enterprise customers and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, product designers and customer support teams to build product features and high quality products.
- Developing new features by writing high quality and maintainable code
- Contributing to the specification / design of phase of new initiatives
- Writing, reviewing, and maintaining detailed design docs
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of experience with system design, algorithms, data structures, and coding.
- Proficiency in object oriented programming languages.
- 5+ years in either Java or Python
- Experience in building and maintaining mission critical, large distributed systems.
- Experience with operations (e.g. being on-call) is a plus.
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, BigQuery, SpringBoot
- Experience analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems.
- Experience with microservices architecture a big plus
- Communication, collaboration, and positive attitude to work in a fast-paced environment
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy catered meals
- Off-site retreats
- Happy hours and Unwind celebrations
- Amazing array of snacks and Kombucha on Tap!
- Very Dog Friendly!
Leanplum is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. When necessary, we also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees and for pregnant employees who request an accommodation, with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.