U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 60 world-class engineers that moves fast. We raised our Series A from Andreessen Horowitz in 2017, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2020.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Design, simulate, implement, and measure passive/active RF sub-systems at microwave frequencies, including; LNAs, power amplifiers, up/down convertors, oscillators, antennas, etc.
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- 2+ years of experience in RF design (internships, graduate school included)
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Deep knowledge of basic RF concepts, such as transmission lines, impedance matching, and filter design
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies
- Experience with RF simulation tools
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or equivalent
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with Software Defined Radios and associated skillset
- Experience with PCB design, layout and simulation