Vir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of five product candidates targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate (SRA) to support our pharmacology effort for Infectious Diseases. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will work under the guidance of other scientists in the company to identify, characterize and advance compounds through research and preclinical development.
- Works as a member of a team of scientists and technical experts to discover and develop novel therapies for infectious diseases.
- Pharmacology Activities:
- Cell culture work including dose-response assays, vector production, transfection, and generation of stable transgenic cell lines.
- Performing biochemical and cellular assays including QC and data analysis
- Familiarity with liquid handlers and lab automation for medium throughput screening efforts is an advantage
- Participate in group and project meetings
- Keep accurate records of experimental details and results in an electronic notebook.
- Sample management activities:
- Establish and maintain compound registration and inventory
- Compound dissolution and aliquoting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Impeccable cell culture and sterile technique is a must.
- Experience with culturing mouse or human cell lines is a must.
- Experience working with primary cells such as PBMCs is an advantage.
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation and digestion, DNA cloning, PCR/ qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work on inter-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to plan experiments and analyze data using Microsoft Excel and Prism with guidance and direction.
- Ability to independently perform routine assays following established methods
- Ability to learn new techniques and assays to support project development
- BS/MS in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant post-undergrad/graduate hands-on relevant experience in a laboratory setting
VIR is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.