Forward is redesigning the way we deliver healthcare, using all the technologies healthcare has historically neglected. As an early member of our world class product and design team, you’ll have a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles.
We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here and some recent press: New Yorker, TIME, USA Today, Forbes & TechCrunch.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
In order to make our mission a reality, we’ve built a system that gives our doctors and their care team superpowers. As a Senior Product Designer working on Medical Operations Tools, you’ll:
- Research, understand, and design how work moves through our system. Teamwork makes the dream work. Our tools help coordinate our multidisciplinary Care Team as they collaborate on members’ care. Anything from guiding & coordinating work during an in-person visit to ensuring successful coordination with outside parties to simply ensuring that our members stay healthy.
- Tackle difficult Information Architecture problems. Distill vast amounts of information down to what’s needed at any particular time in a glanceable way. Give our Care Team exactly the information they need, when they need it to ensure successful interactions with colleagues and their members.
- Translate the physical world to the virtual world. Help our care team and our members interact as if they were right next to each other even if they are hundreds of miles away. Creating a large scale healthcare system requires being there for our members whenever they need us.
- Work with experienced designers from places like Uber, frog, and IDEO.
- Own entire projects that help make healthcare efficient, personalized, and delightful, while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, engineers, and operatorsYour work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives - for real :)
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Architecture & systems - your brain loves big problems and tackles things in a very systematic and thoughtful way.
- Design thinking - You’ve probably been a product designer, or you’ve worked extensively in UI, UX, and IX and are excited to put those chops to work on building the best healthcare experience available.
- Product passion - From wireframes and mood boards to mobile feedback visuals and pixels in clinic exam rooms, you care about installing what you design into our users’ healthcare experiences.
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than designing games or adorable photo filters. Although we concede those are cute.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Building good teams - Not managing them, building them. You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.