Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Design team at Modsy. If you have a passion for understanding people, thinking big, and delivering beautiful experiences, this role is for you. You’ll join our small and growing Product Design team and work with product managers and engineers to ship features every release.
Candidates should have experience in a highly-collaborative environment working in user experience design or similar roles.
Responsibilities of the Senior Product Designer are to:
- Contribute designs from low-fidelity sketches to polished visual mocks
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to understand business needs and technical feasibility
- Lead and participate in team explorations, design critiques and stand-ups
- Lead research activities to become knowledgeable of our customers’ needs, motivations and behaviors as well as to evaluate solutions
- Apply design and communication skills to help develop a clearer vision for the future of Modsy
- Create prototypes to communicate new experiences or to evaluate with test participants
- Take ownership of key areas of our design system
- Understand Modsy’s business and develop a perspective on the biggest areas of opportunity
Ideal qualifications include:
- 6+ years experience in product design, user experience or a related field
- A portfolio of work that illustrates a user-centered process and beautiful final deliverables
- Experience shipping solutions as part of an in-house, fast-paced team
- A well-developed perspective on best-practices for driving a user-centered design process
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others through an open process, guided by feedback
- Ability to generate novel, innovative and divergent ideas
- Mastery of interaction design with the ability to see your work through to pixel-perfection
- Ability and passion for prototyping to bring your design ideas to life
- Passion for interior design and a belief that better designed spaces lead to happier lives
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.