Loom is a more effective way to communicate in the workplace, that’s already trusted by more than 1.8M users across more than 50k companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $45 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and the founders of Instagram, Figma and Front.
We're hiring a Senior Product Designer to work with our Collaboration team. The Collaboration team is responsible for the Design of Loom in multiplayer mode. What does it mean to work in a large enterprise organization with Loom as a primary means of communicating? How do we improve watching, sharing and collaborating on video with multiple departments of large teams We've barely scratched the surface of what's possible: the first version of Loom for Teams is now entering early-access Beta. Help us figure out what's next!
Design is a vital discipline at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing instant videos, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to explore uncharted territory. That's why we're focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. Loom is a remote-first company, and Design is no exception: we're hiring the best designers from around the world, wherever they are.
What you will do:
- You'll report to the Head of Design, and partner closely with the PM and Engineering leads for the mobile team.
- Design Loom for Teams and Enterprise, and help develop the design vision for the team.
- Contribute to the Lens Design System for Teams and Enterprise.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Recruit and interview new Product Designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
- Extensive experience in Product Design organizations, working closely with Product and Engineering teammates to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- An outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with remote teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams.
- A learning and growth mindset: We’re an early-stage startup, and we’re growing quickly. Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve, iterate, and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills.
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire Onboarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.