Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals--including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people--trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Platform Engineering at Crunchbase
Our primary product is our dataset, but building out a great API, a solid user experience, and a ton of mechanisms for accessing that data requires building many pieces of associated tooling, documentation, and libraries. The responsibilities of platform engineers at Crunchbase include:
• Architect systems capable of serving as the brains of complex distributed products.
• Think in microservices and APIs - develop and expand our ecosystem of composable, reusable, isolated, single purpose services.
• Create highly testable and rock-solid service implementations.
• Make important engineering decisions that balance numerous non-engineering factors with technical considerations.
• Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services -- participate in a data driven culture.
• Research, prototype, and implement solutions to thorny big data and scale problems using the best available tools.
• Thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously working to adapt our process to new circumstances.
• 2 years of experience using Scala
• 4 years of professional experience in software engineering
• Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
• Motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with tools we presently use is a plus, but not required -- if you know something better, we may use that instead!
What Crunchbase offers
• Competitive salary and equity
• Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Volunteering Paid Time Off
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.