Sr. Organizational Development Consultant
Please note, this role can be based in any regionally based Amazon corporate location. This includes San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Arlington, Irvine, San Diego, Dallas, Nashville and more.
Amazon’s Worldwide Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for an experienced Organizational Development (OD) Practitioner with a demonstrated passion for cultural and leadership development. This position serves as part of a team focused on building and ensuring a great employee experience in Amazon Worldwide Operations. The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by deploying programs to empower the next generation of high-performing, Associate-centric frontline leaders. Our programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of building new programs, improving existing portfolios and executing at scale.
The OD role is a smooth mix between scientific rigor and practical application. A suitable candidate would be someone who can draw from both quantitative and qualitative data available alongside a relational approach in order to find solutions and implement various interventions. The OD Practioner will play a critical role in supporting our explorative work where we deep dive organizational phenomenon and design interventions to solve for systemic defects. You will join a tight-knit team of ER professionals, Organizational Psychologists, Economists and HR operational, program and legal leaders. You will be supporting Amazon's Worldwide Operations portfolio, and have impact on the daily work of over 600k+ Amazonians.
In this role you will consult on, facilitate, research, and manage programs that impact many different workforce populations (associates, drivers, etc.). You will, conduct organizational research studies involving quantitative and qualitative methods such as action research and focus groups. You will use your expertise in research, consultancy and experimentation to reduce defects (both physical and psychological in nature) in the employee experience by testing hypotheses and influencing the design of processes, programs and policies based on robust, replicable results. You will work with cross-functional teams to dive deep into the detail of the associate experience to understand the behavioral and social psychologies at work, investigate the current state and seek to understand key employee motivators. Using this knowledge, you will build and/or support on scalable programs and mechanisms tailor made to WWOps business line.
· Lead and support the development of innovative strategies (assessments, performance based simulations, behaviour change interventions etc.) in all phases of content development, design, and implementation
· Consulting to leaders and teams, and facilitating feedback, dialogue, people development, and strategic sessions on the basis of findings
· Expediting diagnosis and development, process consulting, programme design and facilitation and change management.
· Influence executive project sponsors, business leaders, and development teams across the company
· Partner with internal and external technology teams for solution execution
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
· High adaptability with a passion for continual learning within a fast paced uncertain environment
· Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· Psychoanalytic or systemic psychodynamic qualifications and/or experience
· 5+ years of relevant experience in applied qualitative and quantitative research practices
· Foundational skills in conducting experimental research studies and data analysis
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· Systems psychodynamic experience
· 7+ years of relevant experience in applied qualitative and quantitative research practices
· Advanced influencing and networking capability
· Experience working with cross-functional global teams
· Proven skills in experimental research design
· Advanced quantitative analytical abilities