Fathom is looking for an experienced medical coder to work onsite (not a remote role) in their San Francisco office to provide local support to Fathom’s distributed QA and audit functions as well as education to the Fathom engineering and product teams. The ideal candidate will be able to start within a month. No relocation assistance will be provided for this role.
As a Senior Medical Coding Analyst, you will:
- Spend the majority of your time reviewing medical records across an array of specialties to ensure the correct diagnosis and procedure codes were assigned.
- Review physician documentation and perform audits to determine accuracy.
- Prepare reports as requested by the operations team.
- Provide coding insights, education, and examples to Fathom engineers and product team and staff to accelerate product development.
- Track, aggregate and summarize changing coding and billing rules for the product team.
- Enjoy flexibility in how you distribute your hours across the week.
We are looking for teammates who:
- Have a current AAPC or AHIMA coding certification(s).
- Bring a minimum of 3 years experience coding in an outpatient or inpatient environment.
- Possess knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process and medical terminology.
- Have deep understanding of coding guidelines, documentation requirements as well as familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines.
- Are available to start within 3 weeks.
- Do not require relocation assistance.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience performing chart audits.
- Conducted medical coding training.
- Experience with a broad array of outpatient specialties.
- Additional AHIMA or AAPC certifications.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Prior encoder experience.
- Experience with clinical documentation improvement.
- Leadership experience with preference for management of times across time zones.