This position will be located in Belmont, CA
• Will support multiple manufacturing, product, and continuous improvement projects around Intraocular Accommodating Lens process and development.
• This person will work closely with manufacturing and various functions to ensure that products and processes meet established standards by identifying issues, developing corrective measures, and maintaining manufacturing control systems.
• Developing and implementing product standards and inspection methods/criteria for manufactured devices.
• Investigating and troubleshooting complex product and manufacturing issues.
• Developing corrective actions, solutions and improvements.
• Controlled Environment validation and certification.
• Lead project validation strategy, including process and product qualifications.
• Participates in internal audit and external supplier audits.
• Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on multiple and moderately complex processes.
• Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing engineering technical capabilities.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you’d like to view a copy of the Alcon’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +10 yrs; Assoc. +6 yrs; M.S. 0yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2 years of relevant experience
• A proven track record for problem solving and troubleshooting manufacturing issues
• Experience with statistical techniques (e.g., DOE, SPC)
• Good people and communication skills
• Solid knowledge of GMP, ISO regulations with an emphasis on development, implementation and management of process validation. Prior experience in medical device manufacturing is necessary
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment
• Requires BS in Engineering or equivalent technical field
NON-NVS AL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
San Francisco, CA
Alcon Research, LLC.
Research & Development