We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to join Unity's Game Simulation team within AI@Unity.
The Game Simulation team is a product team focused on building services to enable game developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by leveraging millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are some of the most complex pieces of software and require extensive manual work to test, whether it's tracking down bugs or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy.
Our goal is to build a platform that empowers game developers, designers, and testers to automate testing. This will result in incredibly faster iteration and release cycles, lower development costs, and a much more enjoyable experience for the millions of players that enjoy games made with Unity.
You can learn more about us by reading our Unity Blog post and product landing page.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and engineering leadership to conceptualize, strategize, and develop new products centered around Game Simulation
- Build, mentor, and manage a world-class team of backend, frontend, and Unity engineers
- Support the team in advancing the state-of-the-art of testing games to improve our core product offerings
- Support the team in building and operating revenue-generating gaming services
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and external partners (e.g. game studios) to evangelize and position the Game Simulation project and services
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience managing medium to large software engineering teams
- Extensive experience in building, shipping, and maintaining large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
- Experience with Machine Learning and Optimization
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.