Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you highly analytical, data driven and detailed oriented? If this sounds like you, we want you! Splunk is seeking a highly strategic, analytical, process and detail-oriented Sales Operations Manager. You will serve as a member of Splunk’s Global Sales Operations team, with a day to day focus on Sales Compensation Operations, supporting critical metrics and communications, tactical analysis and standardized reporting. Attention to detail paired with mindfulness of the big picture is pivotal for success in this role.
You will cross-functionally work with several organizations at Splunk (including Sales leadership, Finance, HR, Legal, Partner operations, IT, and Marketing), with the primary objective of enabling sales leadership to make effective, data driven, and strategic operating decisions. You will assist in the sales compensation process from start to finish – from Fiscal Year plan design to reporting performance results at year-end. Furthermore, you will work directly with Sales leaders and members of the Sales Ops team and will act as the Subject Matter Specialist for all processes, data, and reporting related to Sales Compensation.
You are highly data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping concentrated on high impact projects with minimal direction. You are a phenomenal teammate with a hands-on approach to resolving issues and meeting goals who also adopts making strategic decisions and advising high level management within the organization. You must have the ability to execute tactical objectives, while understanding how to align with overall strategy and Splunk's goals.
You will lead a team to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure standard methodologies and compliance to legal requirements around sales compensation and other sales operations related areas. In addition, you will:
- Maintain and evolve a core set of critical metrics for sales performance to provide visibility and meaningful insights for sales management.
- Contribute analysis/insights to help evolve our sales compensation policies, and/or resourcing and investment decisions.
- Partner with sales management and Theater Operations to define and produce analytics that reinforce business goals and strategies. Provide periodic reports and detailed analysis to identify drivers behind market trends and areas for improvement.
- Design compensation plan setup and administer compensation plans in the Xactly compensation system
- Work closely with finance to review compensation calculations to ensure accurate and timely payments
- Lead development of compensation communication materials and trainings.
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of compensation experience in a sales operation’s role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8-10 years and a Master’s degree
- 6+ years’ in a quantitative sales operations or financial role in an enterprise software company
- Experience with developing & designing global sales compensation plans
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions and knows when and how to assert or influence business partners
- Always passionate about doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious zeal. Willing to tackle the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Ability to develop succinct, clear, information in both verbal and written form to provide the appropriate context behind difficult decisions for the intended audience
- Experience working with SPM tools: Xactly, Anaplan, Callidus or other
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, including sales alignment, territory planning, reporting and analytic
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degree preferred, MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.