The Senior Maintenance Mechanic provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities, including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system, and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, lighting systems and controls, and other facility subsystems and support tools.
This position requires the employee to be on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- General Interior Maintenance: hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems, etc.
- Special Tasks: painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, etc., and general maintenance.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts.
- Assist operations team in maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Move office furniture, machinery, equipment, and other materials, as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts; report on as-found conditions.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards; propose methods to eliminate them.
- Use Corrigo system to manage workloads.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an applicable technical training program, desirable.
- Minimum 5 years field experience with trade school training OR 8 years total field experience
- Preferred experience in commercial office buildings and/or hotel atmosphere.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills in English – both oral and written.
- Good general computer skills with knowledge in email, Internet, Microsoft Word are a plus for this position.
- Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Flexibility to work shifts including a 12 hour per shift days or night routinely when required.
- Weekends and holidays, if needed.
- May be required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.