Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young women to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
If you're passionate about building world-class shopping experiences, and have a passion to innovative and reshape how consumers shop online, then come join the Dolls Kill team. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid “corporate“ culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a talented and driven team while still being yourself.
- Contribute to the high-level technology roadmap, and eCommerce platform architecture for the company
- Play a key role in designing and improving our high-availability, enterprise-level website
- Assist in managing, troubleshooting, and enhancing a PWA eCommerce application
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices within the team and to management
- Ensure compliance with web standards and accessibility requirements
- Own customer-facing features; work with design to build out a clean user experiences
- Participate in design and code reviews; collaborate with a strong, passionate engineering team
- Work with data analysts and backend engineers to build features and improvements
- Build functional and regression tests of web components
- Troubleshoot and fix front-end issues; find and address performance issues
- 8+ years of web development or programming experience
- Extensive experience with Node.js and a modern framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc)
- Exposure to and understanding of Service Workers
- Experience managing or maintaining high traffic or high complexity websites
- Ability to analyze and improve performance of web applications
- Track record of leading complicated features, bug fixes, and integrations with limited guidance from others
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of common security front-end vulnerabilities and defensive coding techniques
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Vue.js
- Production experience with Service Workers and Progressive Web Applications
- Ability to architect, configure, and maintain applications servers
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud infrastructure services.
- Experience consuming and interacting with GraphQL endpoints
- History of developing or maintaining applications powered by decoupled/API-driven backends
- Experience with distributed serverless environments (Lambda@Edge, Cloudflare Workers, etc)
- Ability to make recommendations on UI design and UX best practices
- Understanding of eCommerce development features and requirements including PCI compliance