At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing recruiting support with full responsibility for candidate sourcing, phone screening, assessment, interviewing, offer negotiations and managing the hiring process for primarily higher level exempt positions.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with Hiring Managers to understand position requirements, set expectations, and maintain communications throughout the talent acquisition process.
- Develop position profiles and postings that are attractive to potential candidates.
- Review internal and external candidate's resumes and assess their fit.
- Conduct phone screens, provide candidate assessments, and recommend viable candidates to hiring manager for further consideration.
- Source candidates through job postings, referrals, and direct sourcing using proactive tactics (social media, networking, and cold calling, etc.)
- Lead candidate interview feedback session; provide follow up on interview as necessary.
- Manage all candidate communications and information to ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the Talent Acquisition process.
- Achieve metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools, diversity, number of hires, and time-to-fill.
Other Job Duties
- Lead HR Coordinator and/or Hiring Managers Assistant in scheduling of candidate telephone and in person interviews.
- Manage all candidate tracking and status updates in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Conduct reference checks on top candidates; extend verbal offer, offer letter and manage pre-hire on boarding process.
- Responsible for mentoring less experienced recruiters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles
- Solid sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires 7 years minimum of IT recruiting experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Over 7 years of technical recruiting
- Experience within the financial services industry highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capability in managing the full cycle recruiting process to include marketing a position, candidate interviewing and assessment and offer process.
- Must have a strong foundation and understanding of direct candidate sourcing, with proven ability to develop and implement effective sourcing strategies.
- Very strong collaboration and relationship rapport building skills are required.
- Technology savvy; skilled at utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) products.
- Very strong communication skills (both oral and written) are a must.
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.