This is a full-time position only, located in San Francisco, California.
Neighborly connects communities with capital to fund vital public projects and infrastructure upgrades like next-generation fiber-optic broadband networks. A fast-growing, venture-backed startup at the intersection of tech, finance, and government, Neighborly develops technology that makes it easier for investors to direct their dollars towards the world positive projects that matter to them, and easier for communities to finance critical infrastructure by unlocking new sources of capital.
Neighborly strengthens communities by designing, financing, and building open access fiber-optic infrastructure, which provides faster, more affordable access to information for everyone; especially under-served communities. Our unique approach accelerates the deployment of broadband infrastructure and reduces the burden on local governments. In the open access network model, the critical infrastructure is separated from the provision of service, so multiple ISPs and other providers can operate on a single, shared network. Open access results in infrastructure designed for the communities, upon which service providers compete to best serve the community with a goal of universal, affordable access for the end user.
Our frontend engineers build mobile, smart TV, game console, and web applications that enable clients such as Internet Service Providers, community members, and businesses engage in an open access community fiber optic network. Working closely with product and design, frontend engineers deliver elegant and efficient user experiences in multiple applications to internal and external users.
As a senior frontend engineer, you will heavily influence the choices of frontend technologies and design of user-facing features. You will also serve as a mentor to junior engineers, helping them to grow and develop.
- You are hungry, humble, and curious
- You have an intrinsic desire to learn new languages and frameworks that expand your stack and help your team deliver outstanding results
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment that spans diverse subject matter experts in finance, government, and tech
- You are passionate about communities being able to solve critical public infrastructure issues and increase community resilience
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters!
What You'll Work On
- Collaborate with product and design to iterate on the design of user-facing features
- Participate with engineering leadership in defining mobile, smart TV and game console technology stacks that integrate with existing toolchains
- Develop application features by leveraging open-source frameworks as well as building new technologies in house
- Define roadmap to strengthen the technical foundation
- Coach and mentor junior frontend engineers
Why We Love to Work Here
- Mission-driven and curious co-workers that we actually like to hang out with
- Freedom to get your work done the way you know best
- Awesome downtown offices in SF and BOS
- Generous company support to ‘level up’ (professional development)
- Flexible remote work policy
- Unlimited vacation
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Ember, React, Vue, etc.
- Experience with modern iOS and Android development frameworks
- Strong experience with acceptance, integration and unit testing
- Experience working with Git and CI/CD toolchains
- Passion for delivering good UI/UX
- Familiar with API specifications (such as JSONAPI and GraphQL)
- Passion for open source
Though we maintain exceptionally high standards for talent, Neighborly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you have the skills we need and the ambition to grow fast with us, that's all that matters.