Founded in 2008, Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb's accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
About the Role
The Senior Food Program Specialist is responsible for leading the development of the SF events program and assisting with managing the food vendor relationship and events at the assigned site. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure that the food vendor is delivering the program satisfactorily and as agreed to, taking great care to verify that quality, philosophy, spend/invoicing, and customer service are all meeting expectations. The role is also responsible for interfacing between the food program and its customers and stakeholders. The Senior Food Program Specialist is also responsible for supporting the management of the Food Program's events, programming, venues, experiences and activities in the campus. The assigned site includes food production outlets as well as dining areas, micro-kitchens, tea points, and event spaces.
You will also be responsible for maximizing the impact of experiences and spaces that enable Airbnb to thrive. Your role serves to enhance the Airbnb employee's experience and support the varied delivery of events and daily services of the Food Program.
Typical duties include:
- Lead the development of the SF events program.
- Maintain a daily relationship with the food vendor to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Provide quality control checks at multiple locations daily to monitor food freshness/quality, and adherence to food philosophy and desired customer service experience.
- Liaise and coordinate moments that are beyond the typical scope of the food vendor, such as special celebrations or company meetings.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders including food vendors, Workplace, Internal Comms, Ground Control, and Finance.
- Coordinate with vendor roles such as General Manager and Culinary Director to verify that each planned menu adheres to the Airbnb food philosophy.
- Assists with managing the alcohol program: beer, wine, and kombucha including rotation calendars, purchasing, and vendor management for all locations.
- Provide quality control checks at all Airbnb events (and catering) to ensure the food vendor adherences to Airbnb's food philosophy and desired customer service experience.
- Maintain a customer satisfaction metric and resolve customer and stakeholder concerns/complaints/requests as needed.
- Take a hands-on approach to addressing real-time problems and opportunities.
- Measure/analyze key operations metrics, identify improvement opportunities and deliver actionable insights
- Manage inventory of capital equipment for all locations.
- Explore new opportunities to engage and improve service, infrastructure and operational efficiencies, including events.
- Assist in architectural design of all dining areas, event spaces, break rooms, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist with Food and events related comms for Airbnb.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duty satisfactorily. The list below represent some of these essential duties:
- 8+ years of management experience in the corporate food service or hospitality/events industries
- 6+ years of management experience in a vendor-supported food program
- 6+ years of experience in the catering and events industry with vendor relationships
- 6+ years of event coordinating experience
- 3 years of experience being responsible for a budget of a $1M+ vendor contract OR a degree in business, management, finance, hospitality, or similar
- A deep understanding and appreciation of the Airbnb food philosophy and Core Values
- Business acumen specific to managing budgets, reconciling invoices, detecting anomalies, and forecasting food consumption and expenses
- Proven ability to: master business relationships, influence vendors and stakeholders, attain the confidence and buy in of critical partners, resolve conflicts
- Advanced knowledge of events and food practices in the areas of sustainability, organic products, and low waste food programs
- Broad range of knowledge in values-based supply chains, hospitality and an interest in local food economy, environmental sustainability, health and wellness, and zero waste initiatives
- Team player, flexible and easily adaptable to continuous growth and change
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Passion for events, natural foods and products
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Be resourceful and proactive
- Exceptional customer service skills
- ServSafe Certification