Senior Fit Specialist- Athleta
About the Role
Athleta is looking for a Sr Fit Specialist, Woven Tops/Dresses/Rompers to successfully utilize mastery and expertise to advance the creation and commercialization of premium performance and life style product. In this role you will facilitate the transition of product from initial design and trend concept to a fit approved garment. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive innovation in construction, and appropriate raw materials for both fit and function.
In addition you will leverage and develop key vendor relationships to support working efficiently and driving fit consistency to improve the customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Lead fit sessions and effectively communicate fit intent and balance to vendor base, delivering high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality
- Create and maintain fit blocks and standards, ensuring overall fit consistency
- Review style grading and make recommendations
- Create seasonal patterns and mock ups by flat pattern or draping to support design development, leveraging technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique and may require a novel approach
- Identify potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity, and recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent
- Manage and track competing seasonal deliverables, for products under your category
Who You Are
- Highly experienced in patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, manufacturing processes, and ability to utilize 2D patternmaking software (Optitex preferred). 3D style creation and ability to sew and construct garments a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, demonstrating curiosity and motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Able to build collaborative, constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners as a technical resource and mentor of others
- Consumer advocate who understands Athleta competitive landscape and is passionate about the customer base
- Knowledge of and experience in working with extended sizes (1x-3x) a bonus
- Willing and able to travel as needed