We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Finance Organization:
The Finance team drives Cruise teams forward to create an iconic, once-in-a-generation company. We are business-minded innovators, fearless negotiators, forward-thinking process builders, and operational catalysts who take on unique challenges every day. You will be part of a diverse team developing scalable best practices to help shape the mobility-as-a-service industry.
About the Role:
Cruise LLC is seeking to hire an experienced Finance System Analyst that will function as the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Platform Lead. The Oracle EPM Platform Lead role is a full-time position within the Finance Systems Administration team. The role is centralized within the Finance organization and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Finance Systems. The Oracle EPM Platform Lead will partner primarily with the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) organization, also within Finance; however, is expected to work cross functionally across all stakeholder teams within the organization.
Cruise is looking to transform its Finance and Accounting business applications. EPM refers to the processes designed to help Cruise plan, budget, forecast, and report on business performance. The EPM will be tied to the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application as a complement and to provide insights.
In this role, the EPM administrator will initially be tasked with supporting the on-cloud implementation of the Oracle EPM application. Post application deployment, day to day management of the EPM application, delivery of minor enhancements, and scoping for the next phase of the EPM application roll-out will be expected. While the primary responsibility of this role is focused on the EPM implementation and sustain activities, the role will have an opportunity to broaden experience through participation in other finance systems implementations. The EPM Administrator will be required to have both strong technical and system skills while also having an analytical / process driven mind. In this capacity, the following key responsibilities will need to be met:
- Partner with a pre-selected professional services firm to implement the Phase 1 roll-out of the EPM, currently planned for 2020 go-live
- Input into the functional requirements and design as well as the technical build and test project activities
- Oversee the professional service firm managing resource hours and overall project budget
- Responsible for successful delivery of the EPM including proper organizational change management
- Oracle EPM daily system management including but not limited to addition and deletion of users, modifying or adding to the Chart of Accounts, troubleshooting issues with Oracle Support, identifying efficiencies within the application, and monitoring internal tickets / requests for application support
- Ability to manage Oracle EPM core functionality
- Maintain the Oracle EPM backlog, inclusive of minor enhancement requests; communicate reasonable and attainable deadlines
- Partner with business teams to understand the requirements of new business initiatives
- Partner with IT and Oracle Support to implement system solutions based on requirements
- Input into other strategic projects such as the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Resource Management (CRM), Project Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and assist with inbound / outbound integration of other applications with Oracle EPM
- Deliver continuous transformation by identification and design of both system and process improvements
- Have input into system control design, audit trail / evidence management, and integration across platforms
- Support the definition of data drill back into the ERP and configure FDMEE as necessary
- Provide input into the definition / requirements gathering, technical definitions, proof of concept, design, test, implement, and sustain phases of project work
- Understand data structure, data interfaces and how data flows and transforms from source systems to the downstream systems
- Provide on-going process and system support during critical business operational processes, inclusive of evening and weekend hours when required
- Ensure systems are regulatory compliant and meets Cruise LLC security requirements
- Ensure database is maintained via proper integrity and timeliness Finance master data
- Document processes on Cruise’s internal wiki
- Create job-aids for users
- Create, maintain, and deliver training
Education & Requirements:
- Passionate, thoughtful, team oriented skilled professional
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle EPM or equivalent EPM systems and processes
- Minimum of 2 years’ technical leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in role related field required
- MBA or other relevant technical certifications a plus
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise business systems
- Experience with SaaS applications
- Experience with Oracle Cloud a plus
- Fundamental understanding of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) operations and basic finance topics
- Highly skilled at problem solving and critical thinking in a technical context
- Highly skilled in systems-level and operational thinking
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as you work with the business to set and maintain priorities
- Advanced Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables, if / then statements, concatenation, nested functions and formulas. Ability to create other logic formulas with ease.
- Ability to manage high volume of requests from multiple customers in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- MBA or other relevant technical certifications a plus
- Start-Up industry experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.