We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As our Senior DevOps Engineer, you will ensure Calm provides a scalable, fault tolerant, cloud based architecture. You'll get to design and develop best practices using bleeding edge technologies. You'll thrive by writing quality code that is stable, reliable, and easy for others to read and maintain. Your work will ensure the engineering team has everything they need to be successful.
- Ship code frequently without causing any customer service interruption
- Improve visibility of service performance and health
- Prioritize activities based on current business objectives
- Build a secure infrastructure architecture and work with engineering to build a secure application architecture
- Ensure infrastructure stability and reliability
- Automate infrastructure build using tools like Terraform
- Volunteers for tasks rather than waiting for them to be assigned
- Stay up to date on the latest DevOps industry standards, and cloud architecture best practices
- Proactively assist other engineers on the team in fixing bugs and shipping features and updates
- Provide fairly accurate engineering time estimates that help determine project priority
- Be on call from time to time if there are critical issues on production that need debugging
- Take ownership and responsibility to finish the projects and issues assigned to you with minimal help from others on the team
- Identify root causes and resolution actions for production outages or issues
- Help identify cost optimizations across the platform
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- 5 years experience in DevOps/SRE
- Familiar with technologies like, AWS or GCP or Azure (Prefer AWS), Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Helmfile
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- No ego: must be humble (this may be the most important one)
- Team player, has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!