Skip is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to architect, implement and maintain data products that will optimize our service and drive key decisions. Our fleets of shared dockless vehicles are transforming urban transportation; help drive this revolution by solving unique and challenging data science problems across the company, including business strategy, fleet operations, and vehicle hardware.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner cross-functionally with backend engineers, business teams, operations and government relations to shape the roadmap for data science at Skip
- Optimize Skip’s fleet positioning through experimentation and machine learning modeling
- Develop statistical models to understand and predict fleet performance in both new and current markets to inform expansion strategy and revenue models
- Find new and unique data-first solutions in our industry to business operations, ground operations, and engineering problems
- Present results to the Executive team
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in data science and statistical modeling, with a track record of impactful products, improved bottom lines, and strategic influence
- Comfort with SQL and a numeric scripting language (R, Python, etc)
- Experience working in a cross-functional team setting
- Ability to explain complex modeling concepts clearly and concisely
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.