Job Title: Senior Customer Reference Manager
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA/San Francisco, CA/Pleasanton, CA
We're looking for a Senior Customer Reference Manager who will help build the foundational elements of our customer reference program while working proactively to directly fulfill sales reference priorities.
Our mission on the Customer Reference Operations team is to engage the power of our customers in a mutually beneficial program that empowers them to share their success and build their eminence. As a member of the team, you'll help us bring the best voices forward to validate how our customers are making the world of work work better for them through their partnership with ServiceNow products and services.
Our ideal candidate will possess expertise in reference management, be able to demonstrate excellent operational skills and can communicate effectively. They will have experience working successfully with sales and external customers to identify, nurture and activate reference customers and a s possess a successful track record of managing reference requests in a way that adds value for sales. They will be passionate about customers and sales impact focused. They will have a strong sense of urgency and a proven working knowledge of how to match sales requirements with available reference customers and content.
What you'll be working on:
- Work closely with Sales and customer-facing teams to cultivate a pipeline of customers that align to our key focus areas for reference activities to support sales and marketing
- Onboard new customer references to learn their story and help them understand the value of being part of our reference program
- Serve as a customer reference concierge to sales who becomes an expert in matching customer references with prospects
- Build and deliver sales reference at scale activities such as 1:Many reference calls and reference meetings onsite at events to support sales growth priorities
- Collaborate with the Customer Advocacy team to develop and recommend customers for marketing and communications reference requests
- Manage, fulfill and monitor reference requests, and track outcomes for reporting
- Create and maintain a library of customer reference data and customer quotes
- Drive proactive processes for consistently finding and leveraging data and cross-organizational lead sources to target, track, nurture and onboard customer reference prospects to program
- Ensure consistent and accurate data is gathered and tracked in reference management system so stakeholders can easily find and appropriately leverage customer reference information
- Analyze the ongoing performance of the program to improve reference efficacy and help drive program adoption
- Support ad-hoc projects and customer events in the effort to help the reference program exceed in providing impeccable stakeholder and customer experience
Who You Are
- Able to develop deep relationships with different teams and work effectively cross-functionally—background supporting sales ideal
- A natural consultant and problem-solver—able to advise sales to get better reference outcomes faster and easier than they can on their own
- Able to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans; ability to collaborate effectively across multiple organizations
- A strong project manager with outstanding customer relationship-building skills
- Have a strong focus on operational excellence, ensuring effective processes are created and followed to improve ease of work and quality of outcomes
- Possess excellent communication, writing, and storytelling skills
- Have a strong grasp on technical subjects to translate technology impact into tangible business results
- Have a flexible, can-do attitude, with ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to think and act strategically while executing tactically
- Fantastic team player who supports junior team members, asks for help when necessary and gets things done without an ego
- Creative self-starter that's always looking for ways to take your programs to the next level
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years reference management experience, ideally in a B2B setting.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills who can drive projects from start to finish.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Experience with CRM systems and RO Innovation reference system a definite plus.
- Bonus if you've demonstrated results in building a reference program and forming strong relationships with sales and marketing teams.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow products a plus.