Rylo is a powerful camera that captures everything around you and creates exceptionally smooth, beautiful video that's easy to share. Developed by a team of former Instagram and Apple engineers, Rylo’s breakthrough stabilization software and smartphone app eliminate the traditional pain points of shooting, editing, and sharing videos. With Rylo, you don’t have to worry about framing your shot or holding the camera steady to capture a video you’re proud to share — simply hit record and make the perfect video after-the-fact.
See Rylo in action
At Rylo you'll be working in a small team that's building and shipping new consumer focused camera technology. You'll have a unique opportunity to drive software innovation and influence the hardware design to enable novel computational photography paradigms.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to research, design and implement graphic techniques. This includes features like post effects (Depth of Field, etc.), physically based optical effects, occlusion and global illumination.
- Experience optimizing shaders for texture bandwidth, fill rate and ALU.
- Experience debugging and profiling with tools like Razer and Renderdoc.
- Experience working on render architecture with modern graphics APIs (Vulkan, Metal, D3D12), extra credit if the engine was multithreaded.
- Solid knowledge of color theory.
- 7+ years writing production code.
- Deep knowledge of C++, C++11, design patterns.
- Mobile platform focus.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing cross platform code.
- Experience designing for multi-threaded architectures.
- Experience with optimization and profiling (Intel TBB, OpenMP or equivalent).
- Familiarity with graph-based architecture.
- Familiarity with design of high-level APIs.
- Experience in profiling, debugging and testing complex systems.
- Familiarity with 3D data structures and formats.
- Familiarity with GPU computing APIs.
- We’re backed by Accel, Sequoia and Icon Ventures
- You’ll work with and learn from a highly cross-functional engineering team. Spanning software across the full stack: backend, frontend, iOS, Android, desktop, and embedded systems.
- Just a year and a half after founding Rylo, we shipped our first camera on time and with a team of only 18. We love what we do and work hard to do it.
- Since launching in November 2017, we’ve expanded distribution to some of the top retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- We value: ownership, a thoughtful approach to problem solving, transparency, candor, and a willingness to learn and teach.
- You’ll help us build the future of cameras so that anyone can easily capture, edit, and share their favorite memories with the world.
Benefits and perks:
- Your very own Rylo camera on your first day!
- Join our team lunches, happy hours, and off-sites
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to snacks and drinks