We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst—an experienced BA with a proven track record of delivering project success. The ideal candidate will have experience in insurance claim architectures, and can work independently with different functional teams.
To that end, we’re looking for an accomplished and well-rounded BA with an impressive background and a resume to back it all up. Working within the HiRoad Claim Solution team, you will play a central role in providing support to the claim’s operational department by and through claim architecture development and integrations with numerous claims vendors.
- Work cross-functionally across all areas of the organization (insurance, pricing, underwriting, claims, developers, insights, legal, product, user experience designers and other subject matter experts) to obtain a well-rounded understanding of what is being asked for and our ability to deliver it within the constraints of our environment.
- Translates stakeholder inputs into meaningful business requirements and rules, and then into stories that the scrum teams can deliver against
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on products and processes using a wide variety of technical tools that are constantly evolving
- Understands P&C insurance claims workflows and procedures.
- Has experience with industry leading claims vendors and resources
- Coordinate rollouts of features across projects and product lines, including user acceptance testing and validation
- Lead projects and feature teams
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and processes, and deliver improvements
- Be comfortable discussing project scope with all levels of an organization
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Experience, Skills, and Traits:
- Experience using differing claim architectures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Solutions focused
- Be able to execute the role with a high degree of independence and flexibility
- Clear communicator who can have the harder conversations when warranted
- Solid project management understanding - managing dependencies, risks and timelines is in your DNA - be able to plan ahead across complex multi-project deliverables
- Familiarity with agile project management methodology
- Continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Policy Administration Systems, eg Guidewire, EIS or similar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Engineering, Business/Economics, Science or Mathematics or similar fields
- Proven experience in analyst roles
- Insurance experience required - claims, auto, home, life, other
Benefits & Position Details:
- Great work/life balance with a comprehensive benefits program designed to help you and your family thrive. Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and wellness benefit included.
- Fun, high-energy, results-oriented work environment and a flexible schedule in a mission-driven organization.
- Role based in our downtown San Francisco office. Locals preferred, but relocation considered for outstanding candidates.
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Full medical, wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO +6 weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance. Plus on site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco. Location near Montgomery BART station in the financial district.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC, the solutions provider to HiRoad.
What We Need:
- Please submit a resume, portfolio and a brief but compelling cover letter.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.