A million people a year die in car collisions around the world. We want that number to be zero. We invite you to help us build an InsurTech company that uses rich customer insights, advanced technology, and data science to save lives by preventing car collisions before they happen. To this end, we recently helped launch hiroad.com, a cloud-native insurance solution that rewards people for the act of driving well.
With impressive funding, a compelling vision, and a world-class team, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category from the ground up - and that's just where we're beginning. Longer term, we're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level.
We're seeking someone to build and enhance the security posture of our backend systems, AWS cloud usage, and networks. You will carve out a role for yourself within an existing high-functioning and communicative team by participating in the design and implementation of secure architecture in critical areas throughout the company. As part of the security team, you will participate in a 24/7/365 ID/IR rotation, and assist with incident response procedures.
Generally-useful tools you build will be open-sourced, and will ideally be consumed by the greater security community.
- Deep experience securing AWS: VPCs, IAM, security groups, EC2, EBS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following: secure networking, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with both engineers and business users on architecture vision and security model
- A history of delivering secure architectures in a regulated environment
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressured environment and crisis situations
- Ability to participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation
- Experience with network technologies such as Cisco & Palo Alto Networks
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, such as Jenkins
- Experience with securing Terraform- and Kubernetes-based infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k, wellness reimbursement & on-site shower, four weeks of vacation, six weeks of parental leave, panoramic views, and more.
- Location: Near Montgomery Street BART station, San Francisco, California. Locals preferred, but relocation within the US considered for outstanding candidates.
All are welcome at BlueOwl. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.