We are looking for a curious and technically savvy analyst to help us grow and optimize our SaaS business. You will leverage your analytical problem-solving skills to identify short- and long-term opportunities across the customer lifecycle and drive data-driven actions to grow our business. In this role, analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate your findings to business leadership will be critical to success and driving impact.
You will be part of the Strategic and Business Operations team, responsible for identifying and driving short- and long-term growth opportunities across the business. We are a data-driven team that works cross-functionally with a talented team of experts across Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Customer Support.
What you'll achieve
- Partner with a team of experienced SaaS business professionals to drive a growing software subscriptions business.
- Develop depth and breadth of understanding of Asana's customers and our business model, and build fluency in the levers available for growth.
- Answer questions with data using your mad SQL data set skills together with fortitude and creative persistence.
- Leverage your creative thinking, curiosity and technical expertise to identify opportunities to help grow our business.
- Dive deep into problems to understand and identify insights; ask the question 'why' and understand customer behavior.
- Use your problem solving and critical reasoning skills to determine the ROI of opportunities and prioritize accordingly.
- Create compelling business cases for opportunities that you identify and present them to senior leadership.
- Partner to forecast and manage total retention, including reporting on historical performance and forecasting future retention performance & trends on an ongoing basis to leadership
- Conduct deep analysis on cohorts of our existing customer base to provide guidance and actionable insights to product and go-to-market leaders.
- Build and scale our retention intelligence data, systems and processes to elevate the quality of our customer and retention insights, both qualitative and quantitative
- Understand and track retention and other key performance metrics
- Analyze data to monitor health of the premium user base and identify areas for improvement
- Significant experience with SQL and large datasets; deep understanding of statistical analysis, common quant techniques like regression etc, experiment design
- Ideally 5+ total years of experience, with 3+ years using analytics and analysis to drive key business decisions; working with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support teams
- Passionate about using data to inform company-wide strategy and decision-making.
- Experience telling stories using data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders; clearly present and communicate findings; work independently; proven track record of initiating and launching impactful initiatives in high-growth environment
- Proficiency and experience modeling in Excel, Google Sheets
- Ability to identify opportunities by leveraging data
- Familiarity and experience working with SAAS industry metrics a plus
- Proficiency in Python programming a plus
- Understanding of payments a plus
- Experience with analyzing global businesses a plus
- Curious and interested in learning
- Sense of humor
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl's, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor's and Inc.'s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world's teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.