The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
[EXTRA INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROLE]
This position is based in CITY, STATE and will report to HM TITLE.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measure customers for size, fit garments on customers and mark areas requiring alterations
- Manage the daily workload with organization and follow-through of customer needs and service level agreements
- Educate customers and employees on proper fit, style, construction, and trend in a professional and friendly manner
- Collaborate with the resale specialist team to provide an elevated level of service
- Meet individual goals and ensure all processes are followed according to The RealReal guidelines
- Quality control and oversee the completion of work done by a local tailor shop in partnership with our Service Manager
- Proficiency in all basic and advanced alterations, including men's suiting
- Previous experience with alterations and tailoring, formal training preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Good technical skill
- Basic math and measuring skills
- The ability to stay organized, prioritize multiple tasks and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.