As Regional Director for Government Relations, you will have a pivotal role of educating local governments on new ways of thinking about micromobility for transportation. Skip values a good relationship with cities so your feedback to the team will be important. You will have the opportunity to promote this young, fast-growing industry in a responsible and mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build Skip’s differentiated regulatory brand with riders, policymakers, businesses and community members by delivering true partnerships, focusing on listening and developing solutions to challenges faced in multiple markets in your region.
- Build and lead a team of government relations professionals and external affairs professionals in your region.
- Articulate Skip’s viewpoint, approaches and facilitate the development of new and novel regulatory frameworks in each market, in partnership with product, operations, legal, marketing and communications stakeholders within Skip.
- Help introduce Skip in new areas, and work to develop meaningful and sustained relationships with the communities we strive to serve.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- BA required advanced degree and/or JD preferred
- 6-12+ years work experience in government, political or management consulting, lobbying, in-house GR, political communications
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: city or state government; legislative affairs; urban mobility; politics/campaigns; advocacy
- Exceptional moral compass and sound business judgment
- Demonstrated propensity to roll up your sleeves and do the hard work, build meaningful relationships, and solve problems
- Be curious. Demonstrate the ability not just to listen, but to hear. “Learners” as opposed to “Knowers” do well at Skip.
- Be articulate. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing is essential.
- Strong leadership, ability to build consensus and implement decisions, locally and remotely.
- Understanding of both the regulatory processes and politics involved at the state and local level
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Detail oriented
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.