Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.You can read through our full company values here. You will have the opportunity to join a team that respects each other, values empathetic leadership, cross-collaboration, and is wildly passionate about getting more people outside.
About the role
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required. This is a greenfield project giving the team the opportunity to set our mobile technology directions for the future.
What you'll get to do
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms
- Collaborate closely with our product and design team
- Diagnose and fix bugs. Address bottlenecks to deliver performance that feels fully native
- Reach out to the open source community. React Native moves fast and can break things, stay plugged into the state of the art
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Transition existing React web functionality to React Native
What skills we ask for
- Experience working on a consumer mobile app at scale (iOS or Android required)
- Experience with React Native, REST APIs and offline storage is required
- Experience with React Navigation, Apollo client, GraphQL, design systems / styled-system, typescript, appcenter / fastlane deployment is desirable
- Experience deploying to the Apple app store / Google play is helpful
- Looking for at least 3 years experience implementing UIs and at least 1 year professional experience specifically with React Native
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission Street, close to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.