Property IT Manager
Req Number: 34497
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As a Property IT Manager, you will be the primary interface between the Kimpton Technology department and the management staff at each Kimpton hotel or restaurant. The Property IT Manager is responsible for the purchase,, installation, maintenance, and support of all technology within their assigned properties.
Reports directly to the Regional Property IT Manager or Sr. Director of Property Technology. Works closely with the Property GMs and Controllers, Kimpton Helpdesk and Systems team, Support vendors and contractors
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of hotel and restaurant operations and priorities
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with GMs, Directors of Finance, and other management staff at each assigned property.
- Create and distribute regular communications regarding the status of Technology projects and activities, which have an effect on operations.
- Provide onsite support for major facilities systems, including implementation and troubleshooting.
- Collect feedback from operations staff on the effectiveness of Technology used at the property level and share it with the IT staff.
- Continually identify, suggest and implement cost-effective Technology solutions which deliver value for the operations staff.
- Prepare and manage annual Technology budgets for Capital and Operating expenses for assigned properties, including the proactive replacement and upgrades of Technology equipment.
- Implement assignments and projects as requested by Directors and/or VP of Technology.
- Respond to and resolve all support incidents which are routed via Helpdesk or from direct user requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with Kimpton Telecommunications Manager to provision, install and maintain voice and data circuits with sufficient capacity and redundancy. Regularly monitor circuit performance and test failover configurations.
- Install, configure and maintain secure networks at each assigned property that adhere to current compliance standards. Work with the Systems team to configure and maintain firewalls and routers for connectivity with the Internet and the Kimpton data center.
- Create and maintain diagrams and other documentation of network configurations, IP assignments, and NATs.
- Assign and maintain appropriate security permissions for departmental shared folders on property file servers.
- Install and maintain cable plant consisting of CAT5/6 Ethernet, Fiber, and Wireless.
- Deploy, evaluate, update and maintain extensive Wireless networks and guest authentication gateways.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with Technology vendors that ensure Kimpton standards for performance and compliance are met.
Hardware and Software
- Install and maintain all desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and related hardware installed at hotel and restaurant properties. Work with appropriate support vendors to verify warranty repairs are correctly processed.
- Verify that only approved and supported software is installed on Kimpton-owned equipment and that users have only the security access required to use these programs.
- Install, configure and monitor updates and patches for all network-connected systems on property.
- Promote, enforce and provide input for all Technology standards and policies which are applicable to systems installed at hotel and restaurant properties.
- Maintain standards and security of all onsite hardware in the MDF and IDF rooms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field required. (or commensurate work experience in the hospitality or technology fields)
- MS 365 Certification or equivalent experience and skills with Windows 10 & Server 2016/2019.
- Cisco CCNA / Network+ certification or equivalent experience configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks, switches, and routers.
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent experience in service management and delivery.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous requests with different priorities.
- Consistently delivers excellent customer service under pressure.
- Must be available and responsive 24/7 for emergency support.
**This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with company matching, and more to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role here or through your ADP profile if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance preferred. At least 3 years of experience with corporate payroll administration, CPP classwork or certification preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to collate/file, use a keyboard, dial, sit, see, hear, write, and speak. The employee is frequently required to bend, crouch, reach, twist, stretch, handle (hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with the hand or hands), finger (picking, pinching, fine manipulation), and stand. The employee is occasionally required to push, pull, and walk and is minimally required to kneel, and squat. The employee is minimally required to lift and/or move 10-25lbs.
Mental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to produce detailed work, use reasoning skills, verbal and written communication skills, have customer contact, and handle multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions. The employee is occasionally required to use math skills and give presentations.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to noise or use of tools/equipment.
Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
Specific Experience/Skills We're Seeking
- Minimum 1 year of experience supporting networks and desktops in a Windows domain environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong consulting skills with the ability to advise and make recommendations regarding solutions.
- Strong communication skills - possessing the ability to illustrate complex concepts simply - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience installing, configuring,g and troubleshooting any or all of the following products or technologies: Citrix receiver, Outlook, Ivanti, Mitel PBX, Opera PMS, Delphi FDC, InfoGenesis POS, PeopleSoft ERP.
- Able to prioritize competing or conflicting requests.
- Supports and maintains a positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, team members, and management.
- Work well with others.
- Utilizes good judgment.
- Must exhibit strong communication skills.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.